10-03-2021, 06:49 AM   #13
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser135msport View Post
I’m sorry but that’s not true here in Australia :

Case in point a 2020 DCT Cs with 5000km sold here in a Perth BMW Dealership in 3 days $20k AUD above new retail price .

Other Cs listed in Australia are all selling at a premium of at least $20-30k AUD .

And by the way have you driven a CS DCT ?

I love manual gearbox cars but the DCT so suits the CS power and torque of the tweaked S55 engine (on the road and the track) .

And by the way those HP and Torque figures quoted by BMW are way way conservative .
AutoBild in Germany put a Cs through a technical test for HP and Torque and the Engine came very close and almost equaled a F82 M4 GTS .

Cheers
Bruiser
US market is exact opposite from ROW markets. Manuals for cars like this are just far more desirable.

Even so, in 20 years, do you really want the DCT version of the car when everything is electric? There's a reason why the E46 M3 CSL's are one by one being converted to manual, and SMG M5's are largely worthless. Over time collectors want the stick. I get it, the DCT is good, but as more cars turn into electric idiot boxes with possibly only one pedal, collectors are going to desire manuals.
Appreciate 4
chris7197366.50
ried793.00
smknjoe234.00