View Single Post
      03-14-2023, 06:07 AM   #294
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

So I had a less than stellar track weekend.

I only had time on Sunday to go to the track, so I left my house late Saturday night to catch the train.

[/url]

I rode with a friend so I mimicked his tickets, he bought "first class" so I did the same, I don't think the seats were much better honestly, other than there's a single row which is good for traveling alone I guess.

Made it to Mokpo, got to the hotel, crashed, then woke up the next morning.

Up until now, weather forecast was saying rain starting late afternoon. But I woke up to this weather forecast -

But I looked out the window, where was the rain?? Why so early??

So I call a friend to pick me up to go to the track, I jump in the shower really fast and when I got out...

Where did this come from??

5 minutes later my friend shows up and it starts to deluge! To the point of lightning and everything!

What the heck!

We get to the track, I head over to the pit garage to get my car....

And it just continues to rain...

It rained all the way through lunch.

As you can see, puddles on the ground...

Then it got really windy, super cold, so we all huddled around...

We took turns next to the space heater...

So some of you might be thinking, well why even go???

Well, the rule is if you sign up, you have to go. You have until Wednesday PM to cancel, and if you don't cancel and no-show, you get banned from driving there for the rest of the season. So I basically went to make sure I don't get banned.

At least my ceramic coating was working though.

The rain ended up stopping but the track didn't dry out by the time the day ended. It remained damp, and I drove two of the five sessions but to me, it was just a waste of gas.

My tires came though, so I'll be replacing them next weekend.

Then I went home.