02-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #26
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomatic View Post
I am on the train to München now. Pick-up of my HS 6MT M2C is Monday. I will be making the drive - slowly and very carefully - back home. It is about 290 miles from the Welt. Winter tires are ready and will be installed first-thing Tuesday morning. I am not thrilled about taking the risk but getting 4 wheels on the train, to my hotel, to the Welt, into the new car, only to take dirty summer wheels off (at a random location) and putting them in the new car, is a no-go.
I'm leaving it @ the pickup, with tourist plates and most likely obnoxious "Patriots Super Bowl champions" stickers on the back I will get pulled over with a fat ticket

seriously, I'm with my 13 year old son, I can't chance it.

Roads here and weather mirror Germany, few week ago was warm near 45/50F but nights dropped below freezing, my friend got tempted to take his 2017 m3 out of his garage with summer tires (big mistake) 8pm going to dinner with his wife he slid off road driving conservatively (no one was hurt but needed a tow)

That and a few members experience in the area made me plan to just leave it, be safe

In short beware of night temps, road conditions change, good luck on your drive home hopefully you can make it daytime
Appreciate 0