Quote:
Originally Posted by particulardude View Post
TTRS is a neat vehicle. Some of my thoughts -

Pros
-unique 5cyl is amazing and sounds incredible - nothing like it

-quattro is great

-overall looks are good inside and out

Cons
-non-existent back seats and tiny rear windows - even though the M2 rear seats aren't great, they accommodate my kids just fine and there is great visibility for them too

-tiny rear brakes that look ridiculous - even if you spec ceramics you get tinsy winsy rears - could be remedied with replacements or a wheel setup that hides them

-while the digital cockpit looks really cool today, it will not age well - the advancements on screens are too quick - it will seem old and slow before you know it
My advice would be neither. Save yourself a bucket load of money and get the 'regular' M2 competition. It won't have the street 'kudos' but the weight/performance/handling delta just isn't there to justify the price differential. Save the money for the kids / wife / mods / next car. Even the OG M2 was phenomenal to drive and unless you are tracking (well) you probably won't exploit the potential.

TTRS - Go fast machine with wonderful sound. If winters are cold and snowy then the quattro makes it a year round machine (life is too short to not enjoy these things year round) but subjectively it doesn't have the feel of the M2.

At the end of the day however, and I guess like others may have said to you before, test drive them and see which speaks to you most: a big part of sports car buying is an emotional and personal thing and the logical arguments I have made don't hold a candle to that!
Appreciate 0