View Single Post
      09-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #103
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
I thought you had the xdi pump. You're going ot need to hit 500whp. I am speaking from personal experience. The stock hpfp runs out of fuel up top, and it's nearly impossible to get meth to make up for it. If you were running pure alchohol and no gasoline, it might be a different story.

I am running all 3 now, but I don;t have port injection, just WMI injection into my charge pipe for cooling.

I can tell you that a few things from reviewing my logs:

The PS2 runs hot as hell, and there are very few air to air intercoolers that can keep up. On pump fuel & XDI35, you can't run more than 22psi without running the turbo outside its efficiency range and generating a ton of heat. The M2 ecu is VERY picky regarding temps and pulling timing. I have a custom built WMI setup, and it's running off an AEM controller that uses boost sensing to trigger the spray. Spray amount is directly related to boost level. It works amazingly well!!! It keeps my IAT within 10 degrees of ambient, no matter how hard I run the car. On full spray, when I'm doing a long 4th gear pull, it will actually bring the temps to ambient, which is mind blowing to me. I hope that info is useful.
Yea, I would be doing chargepipe injection. Unless I'm convinced otherwise. It wouldn't be until March or so that I would be upgrading to PS2.

I think I remember seeing your thread. It was the one with all the schematics and stuff that made my head hurt, IIRC... Actually, I saw it before I was interested in WMI, so I didn't read too much into it. I'll have to take another look.

What would you say are good IATs to prevent timing being pulled? I took two logs today, after updating to v5.8 93Oct Bm3 tune. If you could take a look at them and give your thoughts, I'd appreciate that. 2nd log shows my IATs getting up to 131F.

I'm still in the process of reviewing them myself.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d7001bfc090c652e3aa39b0
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d70036ac090c652e3aa39b1

DSC Off
Ambient ~84F
MPE valves open
Fabspeed Sport Cat
FTP Charge and boost pipes
Wagner Evo2 Comp
Eventuri Intake
Appreciate 0