K-Fab
Dirt Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
Won't you know it's correct by reviewing your alignment spec sheet?
I never got one. I sat there in the car as they did the alignment so I watched the system and said "There" when they got to the correct place.

Just home.

The settings up front were WAAAYY off.

Looks like the company I use had no clue (and I will admit I kind of wondered - I felt like I understood the system better than the guy running it - who was not the regular guy) Camber was at 3.4 and toe was in three degrees. Explains the sever cording.

Aligned on the latest Hawk-Eye system:

Car is now set at 3 degrees camber, zero toe front
1.9 camber, presently mentally blank on toe in - 1 degree or did he say 1.8...
And now that I type this I realize I didn't get a sheet from this guy either (although I trust him - It's very obvious he does know his stuff.)

I have to take the car back so he can replace the upper pivots in the Ground Control plates. They're a one time use (have a crush washer that deforms) and it was overlooked when the new spring perches were installed. Installer is covering the bushings and installation, as he should.

Looking forward to getting on the track and seeing what the new legs are like.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" - Anonymous
Appreciate 1
kpaso183.00