View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 01:16 AM   #107
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

OPs logs didn't look good at WOT. He had timing pull on 2 cylinders, often negative values. I wouldn't be tracking a car unless I had the fuel situation dialed in with proper octane and multiple clean logs. The fact he didn't even have a clean single or two gear pull to redline seems like he just flashed and drove the shit outta it. Our fuel in Western Canada is garbage, you need 1/3 can of Torco or Boostane just to run 91 OTS on the piss they sell us as 94. Even if you filled up in Washington State, the refinery feedstock is the same Oilsands heavy as Western Canada. It makes garbage gasoline and no one in government calls out the refiners.

All the rest of the downpipe nonsense is just the usual naysayers babbling on about nothing once someone has an issue. People get all high and mighty about emissions while enough natural gas is flared in the Permian everyday to power the state of Texas. Please.

This was probably super knock due to shitty fuel and being oblivious about it. The problem with BM3 and MHD, it's too accessible to people who don't do the research, test everything out and verify it's safe. Expensive mistake, but the dealer and BMW Canada will most definitely tell you to pound sand. Just tracking the car voids the warranty, nevermind the rest of it.

Next step should be a used motor from an M235i or an M2 that someone wrote off. Get a third party BMW shop to do the work. You will probably pay $15-20k CAD for the dealer to put a fresh one in from Germany.
Appreciate 3
ZM22810.50
nioh_lbbm21716.50
963mw331.00