View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #39
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

I have an update on the FTP....

As I posted in my previous post, I had a CSF FMIC coming, and it arrived yesterday, so I installed it last night.

This isn't the CSF Thread, so I'll leave the opinions on it for there, but I did have a big issue getting the FTP pipes on to the CSF FMIC.

Initially I didn't bother taking the stiffening plate off the car, and I'm still not sure if that is necessary; probably not. I was having real problems getting the pipes to push down onto the FMIC inlet / outlet, and in the end took the machined part of the boost pipe off and removed the FMIC to investigate.

It turns out that the green X-ring gaskets supplied in the FTP pipes are too think to slide over the CSF inlet / outlet. There was nothing I could do to get them to slide on. I took the stock gasket out of the stock inlet and charge pipes, and everything slid together without any issues.

These are both aftermarket parts, so I'm not sure who is at fault. My guess, is that both are within tolerance, but the FTP is slightly small, and the CSF is slightly large, and the combination makes them not fit.

In any case, I found a solution, so I posted it here. I have a feeling that FTP and CSF is going to be a popular combination, so it's worth detailing it!

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1