02-16-2020, 12:36 AM   #42
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
You're missing the point

BMW by sticking the S55 in the M2C, which ultimately became the new M2 standard, overnight made the OG M2 N55 a significant amount less desirable and consequently worth less

And beyond this, it makes a lot of sense to trade in the N55 M2 for a S55 M2C if you where itching for that little more bit of power but with a headache free full warranty experience

The M2C is in every way possible a superior car to the M2. Does this mean the latter is a piece of shit and everyone should avoid it? Hell no, but if we quantify "bang for buck", whomever bought the OG M2 definitely should be a little pissed at the way BMW handled it.

It's not the first time BMW swapped engines halfway through a car's lifespan. But do some digging and crunch the numbers and you'll see how a similar scenario has a negative effect on first owners.

We're not talking about a few cosmetic brush ups and a tiny bump in performance. It's the difference between a pretty maxed out engine (without touching expensive FBO treatment) and an engine that is detuned and in stock form is safely able to handle 40-50hp more with just a tune.

No...not missing the point.

Thats all trivial to me....I bought the M2 that was hyped for years. Absolutely happy with it.

Really couldn't ask for more. The only people that feel ripped off are the people that for some reason or another...need the engine? Idk..guess I'll never understand.

I wrench on my own crap lol....the mods are endless and I'm excited for it all.
Appreciate 0