Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
I vocally disagree

I think BMW was extremely unfair to OG N55 M2 owners by gifting the M2C the S55

OG M2 should have had the B58 from start. Complete non-sense to put the B58 in the "light" M model (M240i). N55 is maxed out on the OG M2, B58 is close to S55 performance with just a tune.
It wasn't a gift. New European emissions made the N55 unusable. Rather than discontinue the M2, they simply put in another motor they already had, that would pass the new emissions laws. The B58 isn't an end-all-be-all motor, no one cared about it until it was put into the Supra... You would rather the OG M2, as special and unique as it is, have the SAME motor as the regular 2 series...? In that case, why doesn't a base 3 or 4 series get a detuned S55, or the M3 and M4 get a tuned version of whatever the hell the 3/4 come with? It's an M car, it's supposed to be different than the regular models, engine, suspension, body, etc. Would make 0 sense to have the B58 in the OG, the N55 is still a plenty good motor. Definitely not "maxed" out.

I 100% agree with that he was saying. I'm very content with the S55. Would I like the extra power of the S58, sure. But it's not currently available in any CAR, and it wont be available in the F series, so therefore it is irrelevant.
It was a gift in the sense it was way more engine than they ever intended to give to base model m2 cars and they intended to charge 85k for it or whatever the CS is priced at. It's a gift in that it will probably never happen again. you're getting a car BMW wanted to charge CS prices for for just 5k more.
Appreciate 1
Dav3948.50