View Single Post
      10-19-2017, 07:08 AM   #82
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Congrats OP. I drove my realtor’s GT4 a few months ago, promptly proceeded to open a rennlist account that weekend and put down a 1000$ deposit for number 6 on the next GT4 waitlist. Just to point out the difference in demand for these cars, Porsche of San Diego has a wait list that is over 90 people long and they will never get that many allocations.. I had to call over 20 dealerships across the country to find a dealership that sold GT cars out of state and had a reasonable looking wait list. The best I could do was a Utah dealership where I got in at # 6 for the GT4. They also had a wait list for the GT4 RS which was much longer.

The 718 GTS which was revealed yesterday will be quicker than the 981 GT4 on similar tires.

The M2 CSL if it happens will come out when the next GT4 comes out. Looking at the way Porsche is progressing with their lap times and performance figures, the next GT4 will be significantly quicker than the older GT4. The pricing should be around the 90k mark which is probably where we will see the M2 CSL if it gets made. People (including myself) will be cross shopping and BMW will need to up their game and lower their price if they want to appear as legitimate competition.

The real question then will be whether or not BMW tries to handicap the M2 CSL so as to not tread on big brother or really goes after Porsche (I would love to see this) as they purport to do all the time. The M2 probably has the chassis to be quicker than the M4 GTS and BMW probably knows what needs to be done to make it quicker than the M4 GTS but...

Last edited by Gatte; 10-19-2017 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0