12-03-2019, 01:28 AM   #1149
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnz2much View Post
I did the fullscreen + carplay upgrade with Kubax86. It went really smooth as he did the remote coding for the upgrade on my NBTEvo J. Upgrade was to P.

My car does not have the Wifi Antenna in it so the Carplay connection is not strong. I was warned that it may not work very well before going ahead. Unfortunately being in Canada, Amazon does not sell the aftermarket Wifi Antenna. So I ordered one from my BMW dealer. They said that there were none of them in Canada and had to order it from Germany.

If I am patient I can hold the phone close to the head unit and it will pick up the CarPlay. Once it has the connection I can put the phone in the cupholders and it stays connected. I am looking forward to getting the Wifi antenna as it will be great when it connects properly. Overall very happy with the upgrade and the price was right. It's great that we have an option to upgrade this as BMW told me that there was simply no way to add Carplay to my car. Thanks Kubax86
Here you go - this will work

Bingfu 4G LTE SMA Male Patch Antenna (2-Pack) for Verizon AT&T T-Mobile Sprint 4G LTE Router Modem Gateway Hotspot Vehicle Truck Car RV Marine Boat Mobile Cell Phone Signal Booster Cellular Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5LG9FJ..._O5G5DbXQWV6D6

Bingfu Vehicle 4G LTE Cellular WiFi Bluetooth 2.4GHz Hidden Antenna for BMW Volkswagen Audi Mecedes Benz VW Vehicle SUV Car Stereo Carplay TCU Telematics Security Bluetooth Module Head Unit Receiver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PFLWY77..._N6G5DbCCAGXNH

Did this on my wife's F80 that didn't have the antenna. Installed it and coded in CarPlay and it works with no problem. Don't get shafted by a bmw dealer
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0