Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
Awesome and very smooth! Thanks for sharing.
Cheers. Glad you enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toned View Post
real nice

that fly was losing it's mind in there
Haha, I can't unsee that now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden3ye View Post
How do you clean up the sticky rubber afterwards
The paint is ceramic coated, so it washed off with slightly firmer pressure from the wash mitt. Most of the rubber though was on the PPF covered areas (front bar, side rockers). That didn't wash off at all, but came away reasonably easily with car polish. I used Meguires NXT. Might try WD40 too as someone mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
Beautiful. You made it looked effortless.

I've had some great drives on Philip Island. Love finishing the home stretch and seeing how much pace you can exit with while avoid running off as you crest the hill and sight the ocean. My record is hitting 247kmh on the strait in a pre-LCI f80. Don't know if I'd ever want to push that again. I still get sweaty palms thinking about that day.
Thank you. It's my favourite track. The final turn onto the straight and the first turn after the straight are the toughest to get right. But if you do you set yourself up for a great lap time. Looking back on my footage for the day, I definitely wasn't carrying enough speed into either curve, and I think I attacked harder in the M2C. But, it has been nearly 12 months since I last drove here.

I'll be back on this track in 3 weeks, but with BMW Advance 2 Driver Training, in the G80/G82. Should be a very interesting comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Your driving is bloody spot on, aaaaaand you toasted a P-car in the process

Thanks MBR. Actually, that Porsche toasted itself. The driver unfortunately ran a touch wide coming onto the main straight and dipped a wheel off the track. Speared back over the tarmac and into the wall, then caught fire. Driver's ok (at least until he tells his wife), but the car was a wreck. Was sobering for us recreational enthusiasts to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Can't go wrong with the Bridgestone RE71RS, how do you find the grip consistency after a few laps?
Yeah, these were quite good and very consistent. With the PSS, I got that 1.50.5 once and early on, then couldn't get close. Got within 2 seconds at best, but on the ragged edge. The 71RS kept hitting that 1.48, 1.49 all day without much fuss if I got a cleanish run with traffic. That could be more the set-up of the CS over the Comp, but there is definitely more speed there to unlock.
Nicely done 💥

Not sure I'd use WD40 on PPF ⁉️