View Single Post
      10-19-2023, 07:06 PM   #97
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
The relationship between Checo & RBR looks to be broken no matter if he has publicly stated his displeasure with them or not. The manner in which RBR is throwing RIC out in public along side VER speaks volumes - especially in the US. PER's support here should be very strong but they are not playing to it at all. RIC obviously has major appeal worldwide but still you wouldn't do that to this extreme without there being an issue there. Marko's comment about PER's focus - you don't say that if you plan to keep someone around. PER & VER obviously have some issues between them as well and you know RBR will do whatever is needed to keep VER happy - although I think in this case VER doesn't care much about it with PER not being able to generally come close to his pace. And RIC is doing a fine job buddying up to VER as well. It sounds funny but just think RBR is very displeased with PER's performance despite being in P2. He costs them money when he damages the car - money they could have allocated to future development instead. He has allowed others to see more of RB19 than RBR would prefer through unforced errors. More often than not he doesn't provide much help in the way of data gathering that would also help for the future. Although he is backing his way into P2 for the season he really hasn't done much to help the team this year. And even with P2 if you're not helping the team then RBR has shown to not have much tolerance in keeping them around. They obviously have a car with the potential to be amazing - but it is showing to need a pretty amazing talent to extract that full potential. I do not think RBR expects the 2nd car to match what VER can do - but I do think they expect that car to be an aid to the team and not just an also run. Overall this year PER has been more negative than positive.

Right or wrong to be pushing RIC over PER right now? I tend to feel like it is a bit uncalled for even being a RBR fan. I know why they are doing it but feel it is unnecessary. It is ok to show PER some tough love when needed - but I do think it is taking it too far right now. Nothing wrong with trotting RIC out there but PER is the current 2nd seat and deserves at minimum as much attention as RIC is being shown.
It's a job. He signs up to race. At the moment, at a salary of $10 mil for 2023, he gets about $1 mil for every race he finishes. That's an hourly rate of 1/2 a million bucks/hour.

I would be happy with that, sit it out and find another job in 2026.

It's not like he owes RB anything and RB doesn't owe him anything above and beyond (well they did after Abu Dhabi but i believe his renumeration reflects this)
Appreciate 0