View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 03:58 AM   #20
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojta89 View Post
As almost every stock brake calipers, there are those on edge outside dusters (not sure how it's called in english), you have to change them if you track your car, most of aftermarket calipers have inner dusters (o-rings?), which are more far from the heat from brake pad, but you have to re-seal them also (done that once on my E46 BBK) just not that often.

2NH caliper is definitely better, because it can fit 36 mm thickness of rotors with cca 18mm pads, STD calipers can fit 30 mm rotors plus 18 mm pads... if you don't see why it's better

I already done 2 sets of ME20s on my M2comp and a standart set which was supllied with car. ME20s are not bad, but I want more, I was driving many years on RayBestos pads, which were just awesome

AP or other BBK is always the best way (not sure if I can call it BBK, here it should be SBK = smaller brake kit), but it's about money... you pay 4 times more for AP kit than I pay for this rotors... it was easiest way for me, will se how it will work, might end up with some BBK too.

Ducting for brakes straight to the center of rotors is great for strict track car (have it on my E46), but I use M2comp all the year on all the surfaces and in all weather and you don't want to have rock debris in the center of your rotors... When I will feel that it's overheating, than I will try to fit it somehow, but the main track I'm visiting is Nordschleife and it's not very hard for brakes there
Thanks for the discussion

I dont consider what you are saying the caliper being "better" I meant more like is it stiffer, does it offer more linear braking, more temp resistant.

I would have chosen 2NH but no 18s (although the tire choice in 18s for rear is not great), pad change is lame (for going from street to track), and dust boots just like any OEM caliper (dust boot goes outside and piston seal goes inside )

Damn 3 sets of pads already! How many track KM do you have??? I finally get my M2C tomorrow. I hope that I can get the brake in done in July and have it on track August.

My thinking was that 2NH + 2 piece discs + race pads was about the same price as Alcon 6/4 pots or AP front BBK. This also benefits the weight

I will add plugs to my ducts in order to block them for road use. I have a 3D printer and cant wait to fab some stuff up!
Appreciate 0