11-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #22
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
I think if you really want the M2C you better get aggressive and be willing to travel. Bend might get 1 car total next year. Salem got 1 car built this year and who knows what is going to happen next year. Small dealers aren't getting much.

Check with Boise dealers too. It's a nice drive home from there. Unless it's December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
+1

3tekcorps is spot on here. Waiting lists are super long. Every dealership I'd talked to had long, long, long lines.

But strangely enough, folks on this forum will sniff out randomly available cars that pop up at dealerships and post about them.

At different points, I was going to fly out to NJ, Florida, Chicago, and South Dakota to buy an M2C and then drive back to SoCal.

Fortunately, a member found one 20 miles from where I live and it was unclaimed at the dealership, so I bought it 5 minutes after seeing it.

But, every now and again one will get listed on this forum and if you're aggressive and willing to travel, it can be yours.
Funny, the SA and manager in Bend both said basically the same thing! I was told that if I want one soon I should try contacting high volume dealerships in California. I never thought I'd be told to go buy a car somewhere else.

Good tip about Boise. For some reason I completely forgot about looking over there although I go over a few times a year and even lived there for a couple years. I'll add it to my list.

At any rate, I didn't think it'd be this difficult to get an M2C so I'll probably see what's available in the spring and maybe get on some lists to order a car next year. And I've decided to not be aggressive with the search--I went down that road last year trying to get an RS3 and almost got a damaged car. I don't want waste the time and money to play that game again.
Appreciate 0