United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
One more (final?) update...

I did a test drive in a used 2018 M2 with only 300 miles at the local dealership last weekend. I really liked it but the LBB color and lack of moonroof were deal breakers for me. In fact, the SA agreed with me about the color.

I also asked about getting an M2C from another dealer and the manager said they wouldn't bother trying with a car in such high demand. So I had them put my name on their list for a 2020 M2, assuming there will in fact be a 2020 M2 manufactured and if my local dealership will get one. I was told they got 2 allocations in the last 3 years so the chances are not great. I also have to assume I could get bumped down the list by one of their long-term customers.

I think if you really want the M2C you better get aggressive and be willing to travel. Bend might get 1 car total next year. Salem got 1 car built this year and who knows what is going to happen next year. Small dealers aren't getting much.

Check with Boise dealers too. It's a nice drive home from there. Unless it's December.
+1

3tekcorps is spot on here. Waiting lists are super long. Every dealership I'd talked to had long, long, long lines.

But strangely enough, folks on this forum will sniff out randomly available cars that pop up at dealerships and post about them.

At different points, I was going to fly out to NJ, Florida, Chicago, and South Dakota to buy an M2C and then drive back to SoCal.

Fortunately, a member found one 20 miles from where I live and it was unclaimed at the dealership, so I bought it 5 minutes after seeing it.

But, every now and again one will get listed on this forum and if you're aggressive and willing to travel, it can be yours.
Appreciate 0