11-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #20
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
One more (final?) update...

I did a test drive in a used 2018 M2 with only 300 miles at the local dealership last weekend. I really liked it but the LBB color and lack of moonroof were deal breakers for me. In fact, the SA agreed with me about the color.

I also asked about getting an M2C from another dealer and the manager said they wouldn't bother trying with a car in such high demand. So I had them put my name on their list for a 2020 M2, assuming there will in fact be a 2020 M2 manufactured and if my local dealership will get one. I was told they got 2 allocations in the last 3 years so the chances are not great. I also have to assume I could get bumped down the list by one of their long-term customers.

I think if you really want the M2C you better get aggressive and be willing to travel. Bend might get 1 car total next year. Salem got 1 car built this year and who knows what is going to happen next year. Small dealers aren't getting much.

Check with Boise dealers too. It's a nice drive home from there. Unless it's December.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50