View Single Post
      11-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Thanks to everyone for the input. One more question--are allocations final at this point or does BMW often add more at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I would check all dealers within a days drive of you. It would be nice to pick it up locally but you might have to find a dealer some miles from you if you want one. You can always private sale your current car if you have to, though that's a pain in the ass.

If you want the M2C over the 2018 M2 get the M2C, don't compromise.
Unfortunately I've ruled out doing a private sale. I went down that road a couple years ago and during a test drive the guy almost wrecked the car in one of the many confusing roundabouts in my town. He ended up buying the car and I got an outstanding price but 20/20 hindsight, the risk wasn't worth it. I'd rather take a few thousand $ less on a trade than risk having someone mess up my insurance record and the value of the car. And I'm sure we all know the potential fun involved with selling to the typical demographic of a Subaru STI... (although I don't fit in that category)

Admittedly I have been toying with the idea of compromising with a 2018 M2...but that's unlikely because everything available is spec'd differently than I want. I'm leaning towards the 6-speed and want the moonroof. I haven't seen anything yet with both of those options and, besides, I'd prefer to have extra power of the S55 engine considering I won't tune it while under warranty. The bigger 6 pot/4 pot brakes of the M2C are preferable as well since I'd be doing track days. So I guess I'm stuck looking for an M2C.
Appreciate 0