View Single Post
      03-01-2024, 08:14 PM   #73
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt20 View Post
Saw the Giulia QV mentioned a few times so thought I would share my experience. I owned a 2022, bought new, for just over a year. They are truly special cars when right, and I still to this day have not seen another one on the road (although I have seen a few Stelvio QVs). Several people where I live had no idea what it was, and the few who did loved to strike up a conversation.

QVs are absolutely let down by AR service departments, which are few and far between and are generally regarded as below average. I do not believe in calling all Alfas or QVs unreliable which seems to be the usual go-to. Several forum members have had trouble-free ownership experiences while many others have not. It appears to be extremely hit or miss. Unfortunately, I fell into the latter camp. My car visited the dealer 5 times within the first 12 months, and that includes a spell where they kept the vehicle for 6 weeks due to a repeating electrical issue that would lock the car in limp mode. The dealership was ultimately unable to solve the problem, and a few local indy shops refused to look at the car just because it was an Alfa. I decided to cut my losses and moved on from it shortly afterwards.

QVs depreciate like a rock which makes used examples look fairly tempting. This is not novel advice, but if you did move on to a QV, I would be absolutely terrified owning one out of warranty. Just my opinion and experience having owned both cars.

I have zero regrets moving to the OG M2, and due to its lower but more usable power and smaller dimensions (combined with the 6MT for mine), I actually have more fun driving it around town. YMMV
Same QV experience. Amazing car. More balanced and special than any of the 12 M cars I owned. But after weeks at the dealer, I drove down the street and bought another M2. While the M2 is not in the same league of driving dynamics and was a let down vs. the QV, I knew it would start up everytime I needed it to.

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 1