View Single Post
      06-11-2019, 01:20 AM   #19
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

My parts from Aquamist don't arrive for 3 to 5 weeks, and I have a 1 week vacation planned from 06/24 ~ 07/01 so there is no rush... but there is excitement. I've therefore done some more planning to get things ready for the install.

I'm focussing on the following 3 things with my install:
  • To be as discrete as possible
  • To be as OEM looking as possible
  • To be as safe as possible
I've already talked about using PTFE tubing for the engine bay sections, and will be covering these with carbon fibre braid, both for aesthetics, and for abrasion resistance. I've ordered 4mm and 6mm braided sleeving from eBay.

Most of the engine bay wiring is covered with ribbed black plastic split tubing. Some of the hoses from the windshield reservoir pumps are also in this tubing. I picked up some of this 1/4" and 3/8" (inside diameter) split tubing from Harbor Freight, and have ordered some 1/8" from Amazon.

The split tubing in the engine bay has plastic clips over the ends, but I've not yet decided if i'm going to try and source those, or just use black fabric tape.

I'm going to try and be as non-invasive as possible to the factory wiring loom, so I'm definitely not cutting the Yellow waste-gate position sensor wire shown in the installation diagram in my earlier post. For this I'm going to use the JB4 EWG Add on connector.

The EWG position sensor is the only wire that needs cutting, but BMS also sells a fail rail pressure sensor connector harness that can be used to avoid directly tapping the loom at that point.

This leaves the pre-throttle boost sensor, and cylinder 1 injector still needing to be tapped. I've been able to find replacement male connectors for the injector, but not female, so I cannot even make up a cable myself. Surprisingly, they're the same connectors used on Mercedes-Benz door handles, and mini washer jets! They look like this, and have the part number 7507527-05 stamped on the side:

There is a pre-throttle boost sensor male and female connector on the BMS JB4 harness, but a replacement harness at $350 is a lot of money to pay for a male and female connector, and that's all I'd need.

If anyone has any smart ideas on where and how I can get my hands on either the connectors, or an affordable harness with these connectors on, please let me know!

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings

Last edited by Nezil; 06-11-2019 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50