Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I had read that too in the flyer:
"Beim Verbau des Heckdiffusors Carbon an Fahrzeugen mit Komfortzugang (SA 322) kann die Teilfunktion Smart Opener nicht mehr verwendet werden."
(= "By installation of the CF diffusor onto vehicles featuring Comfort Access (part # 322) the Smart Opener function can no longer be used.")
AFAIK the 'Smart Opener' function is not available on the M2, so no fuss.

However - and here's the catch - a forum fellow pointed out in a PM to me that, according to his BMW dealer, because of the non-existent 'Smart Opener' feature to be coded out + "modified aerodynamics due to the diffusor change", he is required by BMW to perform some software coding which will cost 179.08 EUR (148.00 EUR + 21% VAT) (that's almost $180).

So keep in mind that the diffusor costs more than just its price if you ask your BMW dealer to fit it: you got to add the installation cost + the mandatory software coding cost too. Splash the cash on some diffusor love...

Please also note that, if you get the M2 M Performance steering wheel:
  • lost: heated steering wheel (option 248); if you want to experience the heated steering wheel function again, you gotta retrofit the original steering wheel;
  • still functions: 'BMW Lane Departure Warning' (vibration) of the 'Driving Assistant' (option 5AS); the vibration engine is transferred (in)to the M Performance steering wheel.
The only thing my dealer will fit is the rear spoiler because it needs to be glued on. The rest I do myself I normally do a lot of changes on my own cars. I did carkit, exhaust and suspension on my MINI, and a lot of other stuff on my 135i. Let's see what happens if you do not do the coding I wonder if you fit another aftermarket diffuser. They do not offer a software change

MR

Last edited by MR.; 03-06-2016 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 0