01-04-2020, 01:47 PM   #166
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM235iEstorilBlue View Post
Read through all the pages of this post and many others like this over the years. I've noticed that any high-performance engines, even totally stock, can grenade themselves, even in pedestrian (non-track) applications and even for the manufacturers themselves!

I'm a bit disappointed that manufacturers don't offer 1 replacement engine for documented cases at 50% off or something of that nature, given this happens rarely and it would demonstrate serious goodwill to the enthusiast community. They know their drivetrains arent perfect and ALL have a small, calculated chance of breaking. Why not stand behind your products rather than leaving a fan of your product in a horribly expensive predicament?

And Im talking about for high performance special variants only (like M cars) and not their entire lineup as high performance cars are almost always operating at engineering extremes, driven harder, sold in far fewer numbers and far more likely owned by your biggest fans.

Anyhow, my undoubtedly controversial "2 cents".
If the car hasn’t been tuned or modified, and maintained per OEM schedule, the OEM will replace it. It’s tuned, modifies cars running higher boost they won’t.
Appreciate 0