12-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #32
ROASTM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Waiting to hear from the dealer. In the meantime, some touch up paint as they are both ~1/5 the size of a dime (twice the size of a bad rock chip) and finished the ceramic coating.

I absolutely love this car, so this doesn't sour the experience for me, and if the dealer doesn't do anything for me (I have lost a ton of faith in BMW customer service in recent years because of dealer networks bullshit), I think I'll live lol.
I hear you, that's probably a good plan. I wish the damage to mine was a bit smaller such that I could live with it, but it's seemingly just big enough that some minor touch-up wouldn't be acceptable.

I too love the car, granted, have put about 13 miles on it since drop-off in Munich...

The dealer is offering to have my bumper refinished, with a plan to blend the respray about 6 inches to each side of the damage, solely painting the bumper. I had told them I would absolutely not accept there being any sort of blending into the metal panels on the car (diminished value), but I'm still not sure I'm OK with anything but a fresh OEM bumper - also not sure if I can pull that off - first world problems, but will post any updates as I hear more. Having the PPF installer finish the rest of my full wrap today (aside from the bumper )
Appreciate 0