View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

I assume you're using the same pad compound front to rear? If I have a good theory why you see higher rear wear.

I think this has most to do with the square setup you’re running. All cars are designed with a brake force distribution which forces fronts to lock up before the rears. But in your case you’ve increased front grip, while keeping rear at factory level. That means that front locking pressure has increased from say 100bar to more like 110 or 115 bar.

So you’re reaching higher Master Cylinder locking pressures because the front can now lock at higher BAR of pressure.

So the front can take more decel, without locking, but the rear is still subject to higher pressures because brake system pressure is driven by the max overall pressure. So if you reach too much pressure in the rear, ABS or EBD will take care of it, but the pressure from the master cylinder is still higher than it would be in factory staggered configuration. So the rears can’t support more, but are still exposed to higher brake system pressure leading to more heat. I bet the rears are getting hotter than fronts leading to quicker pad consumption.

It should be more or less even front to rear.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 10-20-2019 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 3
bentom2335.50
atc556.50