View Single Post
      09-27-2019, 06:29 AM   #11
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
One thing I would like to point out is that the M2C does not have adjustable shocks. The suspension is static just like the OG M2.
@pz619 is correct.

As for the OP's other questions, let me take a stab:

M2C - better resale value, maybe. But is it worth the extra money now, especially since it seems that you are stretching a bit? No. Especially if you don't like the sound and don't need the extra power.

$49K is probably market value, but at a Honda dealer (versus BMW where they can CPO it) it's probably a smidgen high and you should be able to negotiate that down. If you want to spend the time and effort to shop nationwide, you can do better. But there is a cost to that, plus you probably want to drive/fly out and check out the car in person before buying.

Should you wait? No. Not unless you really want an M4, but the new ones will come at a premium and it may be another year before it starts to impact the resale of the used ones. And I could have bought an M4 (or M3) if I wanted to, but the M2 is a better driving, more enjoyable car.

Quote:
maybe I am going through a mid-life crisis at the age of 30.
LOL, there's no rule saying you have to wait until 40! Illness can make us reconsider our priorities. Life is short; if this will make you happy, then go for it. Just don't sacrifice other things (like food) to make it happen.

4% used car loan doesn't sound bad to me, but like the purchase price, everything is negotiable and with good credit, yes, you may be able to do better. Again, it will take time and effort.

Best of luck, keep us posted!
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0