View Single Post
      08-17-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
GoKart10
Rep
Drives: 2019 Mustang GT PP2

Buying my first expensive (2018 M2) car

Hi everyone,

I've decided on purchasing a 2018 M2. Found a base with executive package I believe (it has heated steering wheel)...

Will be getting it from a local Honda dealership here. I have been out of the loop for a while, and wanted to see if I am missing anything.

I did and ran across a post of someone whose warranty was voided, because himself and the dealer he purchased from wasn't aware that the car was tuned.... For that reason, I will be taking the car to a local BMW dealership to get it checked out. I called, and was told that they would charge 2 hours of labor.. which I am fine with... I want to make sure the car is not modified, has an aftermarket downpipe, etc..

My mind is all over the place. One thing is the new M2C.. Although I do not like the way that car sounds, and find the power to be too much for my needs, I can't help but wonder that it may be better for my needs due to the adjustable shocks, and maybe better resale value? Anyways, I am perfectly fine with the M2.

I will be getting a 2018 M2 with less than 10K miles, and the dealer is asking $49K.

Is this too much? I am seeing that a lot of M2's are now going on sale on cars.com.

Should I wait another 6 months - 1 year? What is happening recently? I guess the new M4 is coming out in 2020, but I have no clue what else is happening, which is the biggest reason I am posting this.

------

Another part of me that is making me nervous, is the fact that I never had a car this expensive before!!! I've had many VW GTI's before, all used, and currently driving a Ford Mustang Ecoboost for the last 4.5 years. I never liked the car, and I want to get out. I want to treat myself. I've had some chronic health issues for the last 2 years, and maybe I am going through a mid-life crisis at the age of 30.

I've done the following thought in my head, to justify buying this expensive car. If I purchase a traditional car that suits my needs, say a Toyota/Honda, whatever @ $30K, I will be only saving $20K over 5 years (my finance deal), actually less because the M2 depreciates less. Give or take it my balance, I guess considering added insurance, maintenance..

-----

Third part of my post is the financing. I will be financing roughly $29K for 72 months. Best rate I got is 3.99% APR. Can I do better? I have exellent/near perfect credit score.

For what is worth, I have a 2.0% APR on my Mustang, approved in March of 2015.

Thank you all.

Last edited by GoKart10; 08-22-2019 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: Removed salary info
Appreciate 0