05-28-2020, 06:35 PM   #99
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Hmm. I would think that closing the throttle plate would also potentially be bad for the turbo, as it might cause a reverse shockwave back up the system as pressurized air "bounces off" the throttle plate. But there's a big intercooler in the way that I suppose would absorb most of that shock before it could reach the turbo itself. So maybe not as bad as I thought originally.

When I first started reading your research into all of this, what popped into my head was, "Is this part of the auto-revmatching?" Per BMW's documentation & statements, the ECU on 6MT cars does "magic" to help smooth performance during upshifts. My first thought was that this could be the root cause of this behavior.

Since we know that revmatching is disabled (on an OG car like Nezil's) when you disable traction control entirely, I was wondering if your tests were being performed with ESP entirely off, or whether that has any change in behavior? It seems like some people have tested with it off and say they are still feeling the lag though...

Also, have you tweaked anything else, like "Euro MDM" or other traction or DME-related stuff?
The diverter valve is not exclusive to waste gate control. Its intent is to be mechanical pressure relief to avoid compressor surge regardless of whatever else is going on in the system - including "throttle" closure. I use throttle in quotes because I'm not sure if its physically closing the throttle plate or adjusting the valvetronic lift.
Appreciate 0