Thread: M2 Track Notes
View Single Post
      08-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #22
MINI135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C and 2013 FR-S

Fantastic post! Great insight on modifications for the track. Was always curious how the Stage 4 or any tune for that matter would manifest on the track. This N55 M2 is definitely tuned right to the limit right from the factory.

Clearly you summed it up in the first post "Looking back, it seems a person should either just leave the car stock + camber plates or be prepared to go whole hog."

For perspective, I am one of those who left it stock (other than race brake fluid, brake pads and tires). I do get a decrease in engine power on hot days, but very used to this with most turbos I've driven, so it has not robbed me of driving fun, just tenths on my lap times, ha, ha. Otherwise, solid car!

The brakes for me have worked great for HPDE stuff. Other than some minor brake management with the Yellowstuff pads deeper into a 20 min sessions, I really have no complaints.

The stock suspension, stock diff, etc. are all still phenomenal performers on the track considering they come straight from the factory. Keep considering what I might swap it for because I tend to get the itch at 2 years, but to tell you the truth, the M2 does street and track so balanced, nothing is standing out for me to make the switch. Great car!
Appreciate 2
CrashFL137.50
ZM22813.50