View Single Post
      08-10-2018, 05:56 AM   #19
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
OP, thanks for posting your experiences/mods etc. I am new to track driving, did the 2 day M School and Advanced M School before I felt ready to take my baby to the track. My only mods currently are Stage 1 VF Engineering tune, pagid pads, proper brake fluid and a dedicated set of OZ track wheels with Cup2 tires. I have quickly learned that camber plates are essential to having decent tire life as I burned through the outside edges of my Cup2 tires in 4 days (last two days were very hot). I drive my car 20,000 miles a year so finding the balance between a decent track setup without destroying the daily capability of the car is going to be the priority for my future mods. I will be installing camber plates soon so I hope they don't create significant NVH issues.

In 4 years my M2 will be 6 years old and have over 100k on it, at that point I plan on making it a dedicated track car, perhaps sooner if everything plays out and I can get a new daily in a couple of years.
You and I are in the same boat, tracking a daily driver, but I’ve found the M2 does it so well.

I went with Vorshlag plates, as they use a spherical bearing and are less likely to make noise and hold up better over time. So far, no noise.

The alignment settings I mentioned are also surprisingly streetable. You only notice it when on rutty roads. I think the electronic steering helps considerably with this, despite its loss of some feeling vs hydraulic.

Let us know how your next outing with plates goes. I need to post an update on my Stage 4 whooping up on my Uncle’s Turner Motorsports track prepped supercharged 640hp E93 M3. He was not happy!

Last edited by ZM2; 08-10-2018 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0