Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yes absolutely the AFE one is better, from the tubular design alone will offer a massive increase in brace rigidity which will translate to a significant increase in chassis rigidity. Because if the brace can flex at all, then it will not be able to increase chasis rigidity as much as it could.

Next take a look at the end plates, the AFE one uses much thicker metal and it is double boxed in so there is more lateral support along the length of the bar vs. the kc design end plates which imo are extremely thin and single boxed. So in this aspect the AFE brace will be much more rigid and this be better at transfering load to the bar itself. Also look how it attaches to the main bar, its literally attached by the end of an extremely thin piece of metal and off center too. This means it will be subjected to massive sheer forces and I don't think the end plate with its thickness will be able to resist those forces effectively.

Like I said before if the brace flexes at all it will not be able to transfer as much load as it can, and thus will not contribute as much to rigidity.
yea looking at it better, that all makes sense. for $100 more, seems like aFe is definitely the move. I was planning on adding this with some sway bars to improve street performance. but others said it would be a waste unless I was looking to track my car.
Appreciate 0