PHX102
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
The things I care about for a weekend car are not getting better with technology. I'd say the F87 CS is at and probably beyond the straight line speed I need and I will probably never track it.

It's no lightweight but it's not much heavier than an E46 M3, which is the pinnacle of BMW driving and design for me.

Maybe I'll pick up a used G87 manual if demand wanes in 5 years when a subsequent EV/hybrid M2 debuts with 600+ HP.

I'm not selling the F87, and I'm not worried about resale. Worst case it drops in value and I keep it and drive the hell out of it. Best case, I pass down an extremely valuable car to my son in 15-20 years.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I think the F87 CS is like wine. There are good, no; great wines out there. But once in a while, you get one that will be known as the best for generations, even though, in those following generations, there might be much better wines, that despite being better, come nowhere close in stature.

Such is the harmony that is encapsulated in the F87 CS that no matter how much better will the future generations be, none will ever catch up to this beauty in stature.

I've driven mine very little; every time I drive it, it's like the first time. One day, by 2050s 😂, my son will enjoy it. And hopefully he'll keep it for his children.

I bought the love of the car, not just a car
This is exactly how I feel about the 1M. Great car. The 1M is spectacular, no doubt. It speaks to what made BMWs great, return to form and all that. I still feel like it's overrated especially when compared to the lowly 135i market value. No matter what comes out it will live in a halo of greatness. While it's reputations largely deserved, it is bolstered with a ton of hype. There are so few available, most won't have the opportunity to decide for themselves and slow the momentum of the hype train… is what it is for better or worse. (Flame suit on)

Not "sour grape" here either, I'm admittedly a BMW fan boy and almost bought both CS and 1M. Also not a cost issue, but more a personal value opinion…

Exclusively/hype skews views… The CS,1M certainly aren't the only ones I feel this way about but I'm stop there.
Appreciate 1