04-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #63
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
thinking about doing this myself so i can take it off at will if and when i have warranty issues

what tools are required, and what tools are recommended to make your life easier ?
It doesn't take a deep toolbox to do this. The one thing you may not have are the female star sockets you'll need to free up the exhaust section after the cat. If you look around there quite a few of these bolts on the car, so not a bad addition to the box beyond this install.

Other than that, it's pretty standard stuff. A few sockets, a hammer, a few different length screwdrivers to free up the clamps. I have a swivel head ratchet that might have helped a bit getting to the upper clamp, but it was easy enough to reach with a standard socket and extension that I didn't even bother with the swivel head. A cordless drill with a nutdriver attachment will make the tray removal quicker. There are like 712 of those screws, it seems.

A friend will come in handy as well. While this is mostly a 1 man job, I had a buddy hold up the bottom of the sportcat so I could concentrate on the tricky upper clamp.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Who?484.50