View Single Post
      11-24-2017, 01:17 AM   #82
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
The limitations of the rear engine layout is very well understood by Porsche as their latest RSR race cars now have a mid-engine layout and I wonder if this will trickle down to the future production 911's.

Some people think that the factory cars are the best but don't seem to understand that factory models have limitations imposed by budgets, profitability, marketing, supplier constraints etc that the tuners don't have. Tuners also can approach how to increase performance of a model in a different angle. Lightweight performance here were fanatical on weight reduction (the motto of Colin Chapman and Gordon Murray amongst others) as much as giving the car more power...

One can argue that this is a closer car to the M3 CSL than the M4 GTS. I hope BMW with their CSL's series will do the right thing and significantly lower the weight of their halo cars...

Exactly. A few days ago in another thread where the (any) 911 was mentioned by some as 8th Wonder (vs M2) I mentioned the 2017 mid engined '17 RSR.

Still GT3/RS/GT2RS bring them on. Awesome beasts.
The rest is good but marketing comes into play and those prices.... I'd rather go for a nice Cayman S /GTS instead.

Or a nicely tuned M2 for that matter.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0