Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cWW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpaso View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
I run in sport. Not sport plus with everything off. I have yet to get the car on a skid pad to really drift it and feel how it slides. Until then I won't run a high speed track like willow with everything off. Personally I don't think that will make the difference.

I am talking about hard breaking. 140 to 70-80mph in a second or two. Threshold braking.

It's not scarey, but it's not an amazing feeling having the car wag a little. Especially while steering with one hand to down shift with the other
Yea what you're describing is exactly what I was reading about in another thread. It goes away when everything is off, which confirmed for that OP that it was from the traction control system.

It also happens to me sometimes under heavy braking at Laguna Seca or Thunderhill, at the same level of braking, and I have a proper track alignment as well.
Very interesting. I may need to give that a try! I will be back at big willow next month.

I'm just not 100% confident you run the car with all traction control off for a full lap yet.

I will at least give it a go into turn 1 at willow and see how it feels to get a baseline.
Hey man! I was on Big Willow a few mondays ago. Threshold braking into turn 1 didn't yield waggle- it very well may be the track alignment that is killing you here. I'm running .1 toe in per tire in the rear and -2.4 camber, and -3.2 camber in the front with 0 toe.

Did you experience notable under or over steer on any other turns so we can have a sense of what's happening with your current alignment?

By the same token, I'm not sure what your track experience looks like or what your braking technique looks like- so it may be an initial braking application thing? Did you notice it when you had to brake late on turn 3 into the beginning of the omega?

Did you happen to see your tire temps around when you felt the rear start slipping around?
That's rad you were at big willow. I really like that track.

As far as experience this was only my 4th event. BUT I am an ex amateur pro motocross racer. So I am very comfortable going fast, learning lines and pushing things.

You know that's a great point, coming out of turn 2 full throttle and then braking hard late for turn 3 into omega I don't notice it as much. But I'm not going nearly as fast as I am into 1.

My coach was having me brake late for 1. We were passing the first braking cone then trailing off at the second, turn in for the apex then back to full throttle.

I'd have to pull my alignment spec sheet out. But I definitely need more camber. I'm only at 2.9 front that I know. My coach was thinking 3.1-2 for the front. I'm not sure where my toe is at.

I definitely want to sort something out a little so that next month when I head back to big willow I can test and see if something improves.
Appreciate 0