08-06-2020, 04:36 PM   #74
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Appreciate your thoughts! You're right about the ventilated seats and the Head-Up Display - those would be the two most missed comfort features if I switch to an M2C. I dismissed the ventilated seats at first, but now I just automatically turn the switch on as soon as I start the car. The HUD is incredible too. I rarely look at the speedometer or tach any more - it's too inconvenient! And on the racetrack the HUD is almost indispensable, as it has F1-style shift lights that converge together as they go from green to yellow to red.

Quick story about the HUD: I took the Camaro to Watkins Glen 13-Jul-2020. Here's a 5-minute video from my GoPro. I had the speed warning set to 75 mph on the trip up, and forgot to turn it off during the first on track session. So once I exceeded 75 mph, that speed limit warning took over the HUD, and I could no longer see the RPM bar. It was like I was lost in that first session.

(@VisualEcho you might be interested in the video as there's a Lotus Evora on track with me. Not as exotic looking as your Exige, but special car nonetheless.)
Hey, nice work at Watkin's Glen! That place is cool and I hope to visit one day. All the Armco and walls remind me of Nurburgring!

Speaking of Exige, I was playing cat and mouse with one on the 'Ring just yesterday in my OG M2 with one of the Cup versions. Quick little mouse!

2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 08-07-2020 at 02:13 AM..
Appreciate 0