Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenius View Post
Honestly, regretting my choice of DCT a little as I was driving through London today..

I am a bit weird in that I actually prefer manual cars in stop and go situation, but prefer auto on open roads, motorways, etc. I feel less tired in stop and go traffic with a manual car.

Hope that I can find DCT's merit tomorrow on more open roads

How's yours so far?
Yeah, I am getting my PPF done on the front end and side skirts on 14th, along with the roof wrapped in satin black. Are you PPFing the whole car or just the front?

I actually enjoyed the DCT in the shite traffic. I nearly went for the manual - I was so so close - but opted for DCT as I haven't been driving manual for 4 years and I just know I can enjoy a car like this on auto. What I liked is the fact I was still using the gear shifter on the DCT with my left hand to manually shift gears instead of using the paddles. It still gave me a feeling of being connected with the car (albeit not using my left leg with a clutch pedal) and I can see myself using this method also on track and enjoying it a lot. Each to their own, right.

Still, I am just glad I don't live in London anymore. 15 years was enough and having to put up with traffic like that all the time.....no way!!
I also find the DCT slower than I thought except in S3 mode. What are you thoughts?

I find it as fast as VW Group's boxes only in S3, but slower in others..

Granted, it's only day 2 in it so far. All other aspect of the car is good!
I haven't had any other experiences with high performance auto boxes so to me the DCT feels great and even more so once the 1200 mile service has been completed. I guess in my case ignorance is bliss having not had experiences with other cars like this.