Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusT View Post
Nope. I'm not geting a single cent from anywhere.

I wan't people who know their way around stuff like this to know that it's a safe mod to do if you know what you're doing, there are no oddities in there.

And I want people who needs step by step pictures NOT to attempt this. There are too many pitfalls. Get good help for it instead.

As someone who owns an OG M2, I guess thanks for providing the information. If that was your goal, mission accomplished and I'll accept that you are not marketing anything or trying to make money from this because I don't care.

Lots of people who own or represent commercial business that sell products to BMW M2 enthusiasts post here as a marketing ploy because this is an enthusiast forum. M2 enthusiasts come here to share information with other enthusiasts who typically do not work in the automotive (maintenance, repair, or modification) industry because this is not a "people who know their way around stuff like this" forum.

Specifically related to this modification, I'm sure there is a subset of M2 enthusiasts who work in the electronics industry but generally, the idea is to provide detailed information about a particular modification which not only provides knowledge but also instills confidence in other enthusiasts, who lack specific skills or education, to complete a modification. So, for example, someone could say, installing M Performance Coilovers is easy "for people who know their way around suspension components" but the idea is to provide a 'Do-It-Yourself' or step by step set of instructions which allows anyone who is prepared to 'have a go' take on the mod.

I'd guess the...lets say negative responses to your posts comes from the difference between knowing there is a solution to the hard-to-see speedometer problem and having a solution to the hard-to-see speedometer problem. BR Diagnostics might know how to do it but as a somewhat commercial entity (Facebook), they are not sharing the knowledge and neither are you...which is totally fine but perhaps not providing the response you were looking for with your original post.

Going by the number of post, you've been here some time so you will be aware that many people have completed mods which are much more extensive than this (check out the coding subforum!) and remember BMW provides a set of step by step instructions for every car they sell called the owners manual. Life is full of pitfalls and anyone who takes on a modification knows they only have themselves to blame if it goes wrong and if good help for this problem was readily available, there wouldn't be a problem!
McGary911472.00
KO768.00
ndx6spd79.00