View Single Post
      05-30-2018, 11:35 PM   #103
diesekte
Rep
Drives: E30

Update:
Did finally get a return shipping label today - as long as I can sneak away from work during lunch or something, I will 100% be dropping this thing in the mail tomorrow. Also supposed to speak with them on the phone today about the fitment issues so good to have this picture up so everyone can reference.

For those interested, here is a "side by side" comparison. My actual product is on the left, while a screen capture from the fabspeed website is on the right. I assume the right hand picture is before the redesign, as the consensus is those seem to fit perfectly fine.
Not a perfect comparison as I don't physically have both and the angles of the photos aren't exactly the same.

The well known issue of the bracket not lining up will not be addressed here, as it isn't included in the photos well enough to evaluate.

As we can see on the L vs the R, the "cone" is longer. The angle of the flange is vastly different. The lip inside the flange on the L picture seems to protrude further (not sure if this matters honestly). Also this inside lip is thicker than stock. The flange is noticeably thicker and shaped differently. The R picture (and stock pipe) are essentially flat, while the L sided picture flange lip is clearly thickened and sloping.

My other question is why the fabspeed DP only has one bracket for mounting (which isn't even aligned properly), while the other brands (wagner, AFE, supersprint...) and BMW seem to be able to have two that are appropriately placed/shaped.

Last edited by diesekte; 05-31-2018 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 0