View Single Post
      05-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #95
diesekte
Rep
Drives: E30

To anyone that is following or has any interest...

I hate to publicly air my dirty laundry but I guess at this point my goal is to prompt SOME sort of response.

I initially ordered the fabspeed DP from x-ph on 5/8 and was notified of a 2 week lead time. I received the product 5/24.

On 5/24 I attempted to install it and noted the atrocious fitment. The cast cone is entirely too thick to be clamped down (definitely thicker than the stock pipe for absolutely no reason), and the brackets don't line up. I wasted multiple hours fiddling with it 5/24 PM, but clearly it just does not fit, as the stock pipe went back on first try without issue.

5/24 PM (late), I messaged fabspeed on this forum, and received a reply (early) 5/25 AM. An email was sent to me from fabspeed with 2 other fabspeed people copied on it stating I had an issue with the sport cat, and could someone get me a return shipping label ASAP. All day Friday goes by....no further communication.
I reply to that email thread Friday night asking for follow up. Saturday (yes, they are open Saturday) comes and goes with no communication.

I emailed again on 5/28, which I understand is a holiday. I received a response early 5/29 AM. This response was apologetic and stated they are a small company and the customer service rep is out on vacation. Ok great - but there is no way not a single one of the 40 employees can spend the 15 minutes max it takes to generate and send me a shipping label. I responded explaining my situation - I wasted an entire evening mucking about with a part that doesn't fit, had to go back to stock, and will eventually have to take the stock pipe down and replace it with the fabspeed one all over again. In addition, with me continually attempting to follow up and getting nowhere, this entire ordeal has become and is continuing to be a giant waste of my already scantly available free time.
To that email, I received no reply.

I emailed again 5/29 PM requesting follow up as to why 1) I had still not heard anything at all, and 2) why no one still had sent me a shipping label/RMA as promised.
To that email, I received no reply.

Buyer beware. I would absolutely avoid this company at all costs. In my experience, this is a trash product from a trash company. There is absolutely no reason why parts should be getting shipped that don't fit, or that it should take now almost 4 entire working days to provide a shipping label.
I will be filing a dispute with my CC company, reporting to BBB, and going down every pathway available to me to set this right. I wish I had looked at their BBB rating before ordering - multiple reports of poor or nonexistent customer service for parts that don't fit.

At this point I am not interested in this garbage part whatsoever, and would like to be able to ship it back to them 5 days ago. I want a refund immediately!

tl;dr: DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PART - either go without, or buy a part from a company that actually knows how to make a part that fits, or at least stands by their product
Appreciate 1
///Mē282.50