View Single Post
      05-28-2018, 10:40 AM   #92
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSMF87 View Post
When exactly did the problems start? I have one I revived in March and haven't installed it yet. Mine does not have a dent, it's supposed to have a dent?
Only Fabspeed might know when the issue started. The dent or no dent is only a partial indicator.

At some point in the last few months, Fabspeed changed the design to a cast top cone rather than a top cone made of sheet stainless and a machined turbo flange. This was intended to cut down on assembly error and complexity because there are fewer parts to weld, and it also removed the need for a dent.

The fitment issues stem from some damage to the assembly jig that ruined the alignment of the mounting bracket. Only the cast top cone jig was damaged, but I don't know when this damage occurred, probably some time into production.

So if you have a cast top cone, you might be affected, but might not. If you have an earlier sheet + machined + dent top cone, you're not affected.

If you're worried, contact Fabspeed and I'm sure they'll make sure you're ok.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings

Last edited by Nezil; 05-30-2018 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
BSMF87139.50