View Single Post
      01-02-2023, 01:32 PM   #4
Talx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAP13 View Post
- You could consider checking lower control arms. Other members reported wear in the ball joint which caused alignment to change/be unstable contributing to accelerated inside tire wear.
- Are you getting similar wear on street tires? If it has been a while since your alignment, you could consider checking toe.

I had similar wear on my street tires (old PSS) and also run AR1 (stock sizes) on track. With about 15 sessions / 500 track miles I didn’t encounter the same inside wear on the AR1, although they did wear odd around the tread pattern with raised lowered edges. I have similar alignment to you, -2.7 deg 1mm toe in.

From what I have seen on my car, I think -2.7 deg camber is unlikely to cause that accelerated inside tire wear especially if they are only driven on track.
On the road I’m running Cup 2’s which are getting a perfect wear pattern, 95% of the time I’m driving it hard on the weekends.
I cheack my alignment almost every other track day.
And I am running ball joints instead of all the rubber bushings on all the control arm links front and back.
Since the track has the majority of the turns in the same direction this is happening on the tire that is on the inside of the turn, I then switch them for the next track day.

If you look at a picture of me in a turn you can see that only the edge on the inside of the tire which is on the inside of the turn is touching the tarmac.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2319.50