Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyabloke View Post
Hmmm, that's unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that.

Don't know what to say though, my print looks exactly like what's on my computer. :/

Thanks for your concern, but I've tried enough online printing to know that it's always a bit of a crap-shoot. That's part of the reason that I bought my own pro-level printer. That's also the reason I ordered only one test. Now, I just wish that I'd tested in the smallest size. I had a brain fart and over-optimism all at once.

For large prints, I'm extremely lucky to have a world class printer just 15-minutes away. He knows me and what I expect and we're on the same wavelength without even trying.

The fact that Fracture wanted sRGB tells me that they're aiming at the uninformed market. Still, Bay Photo goes to great length to get colors right, but it can take some effort to iron things out, even with them.

Since I didn't try to resolve my issue with Fracture, I feel that my review may be slightly unfair. Maybe their customer service is excellent and they would have made it "right." I just took the path of least resistance and greatest control by printing my own.

BTW, until you've printed a few yourself and critically worked with test images to get you computer/printer calibration in sync, you may not appreciate that color matching is NOT an easy thing. With test images going back and forth, there's no way to guarantee success on one try.

BTW, looking at my image above in Chrome browser, it is VERY close to my RGB version in LR or DxO . Fracture is way off.