bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
Yup that's true unfortunately. That's why I already got my mid-engined Porsche. Boxster Spyder 3.4L Naturally Aspirated Flat 6.

I have zero interest in a turbocharged Flat 4 in such a car (Boxster/Cayman). Whats the point? Wow I have more torque and better gas mileage Cause that's totally why I bought such a car...
I want to take a timeout from prognosticating to say that I completely identify with your desire for a lightweight, naturally aspirated, focused sports car. I'm considering not buying an M235i or an M2, because I'm not sure it fits what I'm looking for in a car. I really want something focused and not turbocharged. It may be a Cayman, or it may be something used.

I'm weighing a lot of different options, some of which are downright crazy. I drove a '79 911SC with a 3.2 swap that had been warmed over to the tune of around 230 HP in a 2700 lb car. Unfortunately, it had some pretty nasty rot up front, so my search continues. After driving that car -- a car with no power steering even -- it feels very strange to go back to our numb X3.

What I'm saying is, I've forced myself to separate my wants from my predictions. We represent a very small portion of the market. Something like the FRS/BRZ actually fits the bill for what we're asking for. BMW isn't going to build that car. They can't, because there is no slot in their line-up for it. BMW has a company to run first, and while it's romantic to believe that this goal is best served by catering to enthusiasts, the reality is that the balance is skewed far more toward the mass market.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport

Last edited by bradleyland; 01-21-2014 at 11:22 AM..
Appreciate 0