United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Thanks for this Marc.

Coincidentally I cancelled my Lightweight order in the week and got my deposit back yesterday.
I'm considering a Milltek exhaust, but from what you have said it sounds like Remus is a serious contender.

Karl
Karl, I have had many people asking me for Milltek the last few days. If you are interested, let me know. I digged out all the pricing and I am happy to share them via PM.

I have not heard Milltek yet, so I cannot make any decent comparison with what I know now. For me the Remus and Akrapovic are winners over the Eisenmann and the Lightweight. Eisenmann is just LOUD, immensely LOUD without any decent character, and I did not even hear the Race, but that is mainly because of how the system is build. The valves are after the backbox and on the inner pipes. Of course, the one I heard was a full cat-back.

If I had a choice and I would not go Akrapovic, I would be intrigued by the AA midpipe and Remus (race) (carbon tailpipes) combination. Milltek has never been my initial choice, but from a price point of view you get a lot for a lower price tag than Remus. Therefore definitely consider it. I can get you a AA midpipe in Europe and within the UK.

I have still not heard the AA midpipe. No time and some delays, and I missed that opportunity for now. I am still destined to hear it since you guys are talking so highly about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
That's interesting because based on sound in videos, i was leaning towards an Eisenmann. What's your opinion on Active Autowerkes?
I have not heard it live. BAN_M2C's video was quite good and gave a good indication on how it sounds. Quite a different sound track to mine now with the catless set up. All in all for a money point of view a wonderful choice if you are in the market, sound wise hard to compare, but it feels like my set up is more raspy and the sound is "thinner" in higher revs than BAN's set up. In the end, both our setups are absolute mayhem.

Compare both videos and you have an idea. Of course, the different microphones play a part in how it sounds in real life, but at least it gives you some idea. I still need to make a final edit and combine our clips into one video.

MR
Out of both YT clips IMO - Decat and AA CBE mashed Akra on sound/tone and price/VFM - no brainer for non OPF car owners.

OPF aftermarket is more of challenge....I'd like to hear eisenman race rear pipes with oem OPF midpipe and HFC DP's