Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
Did i just talk myself into the 2018 LCI with Dinan S2 and carbon fiber parts? I am quite afraid of the dealership's part in all of this. I am not a long-time bmw buyer. I dont have a pedigree in my garage. While i am technically #1 at my dealership for CS, Will they sell to me as a first time BMW owner?() Will they sell one to me without a massive mark-up?(not likely) I would hate to pass up on the M2 in march, only to wait til May-Aug-October? to find out i have no chance at a CS.
I would take a Dinan S2 M2 over the S55 CS any day. Sound matters, don't forget that. The S55 sounds so bad that it can materially affect your enjoyment.

Also I stand by my bet; there will be NO manual CS.
This is clearly subjective, and I do hope it sounds better than the base f80's. Hopefully on par with comp pack or M4CS sound.

But honestly I don't think it's as bad as most opinions on here.

I had the chance to swap with an M2 owner; me in his N55 M2 with MPE and him in my 1M with MadDad mid pipes. I was excited to drive the M2 and also hear the MPE. Honestly, close your eyes and all I can think of is Ford F-350 diesel! Not sure what everyone is so excited about. I wasn't impressed with the N55 sound.