2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
The equal length midpipes is one thing I made consider down the road. Need to look at it more, but if I can do it without cutting, and it takes off a bit of the rasp while leaving the rest of the character there I'd be all over it.
I'm in this same boat. I don't see a way around cutting the factory system. Options could be

A: Cut the factory exhaust at the weld on the superior end of the y-pipes. Weld on flange at the y-pipe and make a custom connector pipes to the AA midpipe. This way you could reweld on the factory exhaust to the y pipes down the road at the factory weld location. Probably only noticeable to those that would really care. Is this dishonest if not mentioned upon sale?

B: Replace the entire system to preserve the factory exhaust in unmolested form.

I think this will be a down the road bridge for me. The first bridge will be the auto Solutions ssk. I have to decide after more seat time of the shifter leaves me wanting, or if I'm blissfully ignorant and am happy as is.
I've thought about the EL mid pipe for awhile now. While I have not spent any time in my car yet to judge for myself I'm just going off of that S55 dueling 3 cylinder sound that I just don't enjoy.

Not to derail, but I have an HMS full exhaust (mid pipe and rear) on my 1M and it sounds in-freaking-credible!! Absolutely love it. If I do replace the rear on the CS it'll have to be stainless, I'm not a fan of the tinny sound that titanium gives.

Sounds sweet!!

I am happy with my MadDad / Lightweight Ti combo.

I hope to be happy with the "dualing 3" sound, but we will see.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0