Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
I dont see the appeal of the Alpine. The Boxter has better proportions in my opinion. You can't even get it in a 6 speed manual. Its a car with a little 4 banger motor, it would benefit from a manual gearbox. The CS outclassed it in every category with the exception of weight, so in that regard, im sure you can toss the Alpine around. But seriously, I would be looking at a Boxter or hell, even a Miata looks more fun.
Perhaps you should ask the experts below !?...

Sorry but many Americans just don't understand true drivers cars imo (maybe it's because many live in big cities ? We see it a bit with those in the bigger cities down here too) everything has to be the biggest & loudest with the most power, hence the love of muscle cars, hi-po SUV's & trucks, which is fine if all your doing is commuting & the odd stoplight drags. Not much interest for those of us that actually enjoy driving though.
Unfortunately manufacturers such as BMW are now pandering to this philosophy of ever increasing big numbers rather than real driving dynamics as it did in the past.
Fortunately for those that can't afford a supercar & crave a drivers car for the love of driving we still have the likes of Porsche, Lotus & Alpine to choose from but the pool is drying up fast.

Don't get me wrong I own & love the F87 but I'm not naive enough to not appreciate there are always better options.
Oh & the big surprise in the test below with the M2C was not that the Alpine won but how close the M2C managed to get to the Alpine.