WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Hi WAY,

I don't know if this will help (or change your wife's decision), but we've been struggling a bit with the doors as well ... they are hard to get leverage on and our garage isn't particularly wide so end up trying to get through a narrow opening ... when I remembered a post about coding Comfort Access.

The coding is discussed in the general Bimmerlink thread, and there is a dedicated thread for just Comfort Access.

What this coding change does is to move the driver and passenger seats rearwards when the engine is turned off and the door opened. So we just crack the doors open ... the seats move back ... then we can more easily open the doors and get out of the car. Getting back in is easier as the seats are moved back ... when the car starts, they move back into position.

I understand you've bought stacks of Bimmers, so you'll probably know a fair bit about Comfort Access - my apologies if I'm telling you stuff you've already considered. I see your wife has the DCT, so she'll have the electric seats that are required for this option.

Anyway, just a thought in case it helps. Probably worth the cost of the coding to see whether this sufficiently addresses what your wife/kids don't like

Cheers,
Hey thanks for this. I’ve never really thought about coding for the seats to move back. Don’t really think it will make any difference for her though unfortunately. There is also another way to help you btw. You can lower the windows to get into the car. I personally find that it helps.
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf164.00