View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #108
biggripper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
I've run across a few Civic Type R's on the track in the last few months that I have started tracking. Despite their looks (just not for me...) I think its awesome that a manufacturer builds a car with this much performance at this price point. So I have been excited to see what they can do when I've seen them - but unfortunately somewhat let down each time. None of them that I have come across have had much pace on the track. This could certainly be anything legit like the drivers just not wanting to push that hard or something else - just saying it would be cool to see one get thrown around the track like the numbers say they can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
You may well be right. That's not my point though.

Even if it's only faster by way of track prepping, it's still a car that is threatening to an M2C owner because it's a performance bargain in what is car that is capable of at least 80% of the M2Cs performance at a fraction of the price. People might also feel threatened by the fact that it's a critical darling. However, one could also argue that the M2C offers a shit ton of bang for the buck and is also a critical darling.
To me it is all in what you are comparing. If it is just pure numbers on paper then sure the civic is threatening due it's price point. But from a driving experience standpoint? I certainly could be wrong but I just don't see the CTR coming close to matching a M2C here either on the track or the street. How you get to those numbers is just as important for me - I want to get there with the biggest goofiest grin on my face & that is where M cars shine for me
I hear you. I don't care how well it performs, for me the CTR can't match the many things, tangible and intangible, that make the M2C so great. But to each his/her own I fully realize a CTR owner may feel the same about the CTR.
FORMER ///F87 M2C | Sunset Orange/Orange | 6MT | Black 788M Wheels
FORMER ///F82 M4 | SSII | Full SO | 6MT | Black 437M Wheels
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50